Sunday 15 May 2011

welcome to my world

To be honest, I'm not really sure why I decided to start a blog, it was just something I felt I wanted to do. I wanted somewhere to write my thoughts and musings, things that interest me and moments in my life. Anyone can tag along and if I happen inspire, amuse or educate, well that will be a welcome bonus. 

I'm a real creative and I love to make things whenever I get the chance. Of course this usually means I have at least 3 unfinished projects on the go at once! I love writing, sewing, painting, taking photographs, making jewellery and pottery and I'm generally happy to try my hand at pretty much anything. Jack of all trades you could say. I have been a professional model maker for many years so I have tried almost every material going, although natural materials are my favourite; wood, clay, fabric, stone etc. I'm taking a break for a while to raise my daughter so I'm exploring starting a jewellery making business. I have a studio at home and I'm working on an etsy shop. Watch this space...

I am interested in herbs, both for medicinal and magickal purposes and I love my garden (another work in progress) I go through phases of being on top of it and then it takes over and runs away with me. It is the same with many things in my life I'm afraid. I have learnt many remedies and rituals along the way, but I am not a qualified herbalist so any remedies I write about are ones that work for me; definitely consult a professional if in doubt, before trying anything.

I take great pride in the fact that I have met so many very creative and talented people along the way, from whom I take great inspiration and whose work I will no doubt be sharing with you as part of this blog. I love creative people and I find their passion both inspiring, infectious and motivating.

"The world is but a canvas to the imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

No comments: