Tuesday 30 August 2011

st john's wort oil pt 2

Its taken me a while to post a follow up to my St John's Wort Oil post, and unfortunately its because it didn't work out this year : ( I can't decide whether it was lack of sun, too few flowers or just bad luck but it failed to change colour. Luckily, inkeeping with the makers mantra, heres some I made earlier. I still have this left over from last year and although it isn't really useable any more, it only keeps for about a year, it still has some of the colour. Its so magical to watch the glorious yellow olive oil turn this deep red. Its such a shame it didn't work but I guess it goes to show you can't always predict what mother nature is going to do. I'll try again next year.




I'm expecting much better results for my berry liquers; blackberry vodka and hawthorn brandy this autumn. Yum! At least they don't rely on the sun for success!

No comments: